93. Raising your hand and the professor not noticing
“Any questions? . . . anyone? No? Ok, moving on..”
And all this time you were trying to stretch your arm higher toward the ceiling trying to get the teacher to look at you. Well, alright, sometimes professors don’t look back at the students when they ask if there are any questions, maybe they expect someone to just yell out “Yo, prof!” .. but that’s awkward. I had a professor who was partially deaf, so we had to get creative to get her attention.
But think about it.
You raise your hand. The whole class sees that you raised your hand. And the whole class watches you get ignored.
After being in classrooms since I was around 5 years old, I am finally ready to present my research on this. There is always…
1) That ONE student that keeps his hand up and blocks every one else’s view of the board, just to not accept that he was ignored. Prideful individuals typically fall into this category. I refuse to accept that the professor has ignored me.
2) Someone that attempts everything BUT speaking up. Cough, ahem, sneeze, fart, tap the desk or floor, drop a book on purpose, etc. she tries it all. Oh, why yes.. I do have a question, how did you know?
3) The wrong timing guy, you know, the one that puts his hand down just as the professor glances at the students before going back to the board. Darn it, so close!
Ask your question!
- Pair of Old Shoes! (2motivate.wordpress.com)
- Jokes: Ghost (azhardakbaek.wordpress.com)
- A World With No Exams! (beautifoolmind.wordpress.com)